The Manchester Global MBA Degree
Are you looking to increase your salary or change role, industry or location? Transform your career with this flexible part-time MBA degree.
You can study this international MBA from anywhere in the world while you work full-time. This means you can apply the skills and knowledge you learn immediately to solve your business challenges.
The Manchester Global Part-time MBA is for professionals from all industries with at least three years of experience and strong career progression. You will graduate with the same MBA qualification as candidates who study the Manchester MBA full-time in Manchester.
What is 'blended learning'? Blended learning is a type of distance learning that combines online teaching with face-to-face workshop residencies. The workshops are a great opportunity to learn and network with talented peers from all industry sectors.
What will I learn? You will study core business and management courses and take on two challenging business projects. You’ll also choose specialist electives in areas that interest you. To help you grow your global network, you can attend workshops at our overseas locations: Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore.
Where can we take you?
Ranked 5th in the UK (FT 2022)
Global MBA course content
Study in a way that suits your lifestyle and learning style. We teach our Global MBA through a combination of highly-participative online learning and workshop residentials to fit around your work and home commitments.
Most courses include an intensive, three-day workshop residential. Global MBA workshops are a chance to:
- Immerse yourself in your studies, away from the distractions of daily life
- Focus on what you want to achieve
- Build a strong, supportive cohort
- Experience a challenging mix of experiential learning from renowned business experts and practitioners
- Participate in group work focusing on real business problems
- Network, socialise and make connections that could transform your career.
You can also flex your workshops to include more online or face-to-face learning to suit your commitments.
July 2023 intake: Global MBA workshop schedule
|Year one||Year two|
|12-14 July 2023 (3 days in Manchester)||July 2024 (4 days in Manchester)|
|September 2023 (6 days in Manchester + 1 day virtual)||September 2024 (6 days at any global centre)|
|March 2024 (6 days in Manchester + 3 day virtual in August 2023)||March 2025 (3 days at any global centre)|
July 2023 intake: Global MBA Finance Accelerated workshop schedule
|Year one||Months 13-18|
|12-14 July 2023 (3 days in Manchester)||July 2024 (4 days in Manchester)|
|September 2023 (6 days in Manchester + 1 day virtual)||September 2024 (3 days at any global centre)|
|March 2024 (3 days in Manchester and 6 days at any global centre)|
Please note this workshop schedule is for Global MBA candidates enrolling at the Manchester campus (students from the UK, North America, South America, Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa).
If you are based in Asia, the Middle East, North Africa or Australasia, please contact your regional University of Manchester Worldwide centre for workshop dates: Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore
Our online teaching, learning and student support includes:
- Dedicated online learning and support hub
- Live online lectures and virtual workshops to support face-to-face workshops
- Virtual office hours with world-leading academics
- Online student surgeries
- Digital library
- Discussion forums
- Pre-sessional study skills and foundational review courses
- Virtual guest speakers and networking opportunities
Top organisations want global executives with local knowledge. You need to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and manage across boundaries. The Manchester Global MBA offers a particularly international experience.
- Attend workshops for elective courses at any of our global centres in year two: Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, Shanghai and Singapore (Alliance MBS will provide six nights’ accommodation in two locations). 50% of students typically attend a workshop overseas during the programme
- Learn alongside high-achieving executives from 90 countries and diverse professional backgrounds
- Make new contacts from across the globe who could be indispensable to your future business career
- Experience new perspectives and business opportunities
- Learn how to communicate and negotiate effectively with people from other cultures
- Join our Alliance MBS network of 60,000 alumni from 176 countries – lifetime access to some of the world’s brightest business minds
- Wherever you choose to attend workshops, you will receive the same world-class teaching. Our internationally-renowned academics travel the world to teach at our global centres.
- If your career takes you overseas, you can continue your MBA without interruption by taking workshops at a different centre
Fees & funding
Fees can be paid in instalments on a semester-by-semester basis.
- Global MBA (2 years): £31,500
- Global Finance Accelerated MBA (18 months): £29,000
Please note the above fees are for candidates enrolling at the Manchester campus (students from the UK, North America, South America, Europe and sub-Saharan Africa).
If you are based in Asia, the Middle East, North Africa or Australasia, please contact your local University of Manchester Worldwide centre to discuss fees in your region: Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore
We encourage our Global MBA candidates to attend workshops for elective courses overseas to enhance their learning experience. We will provide six nights of accommodation in up to two of our global centre locations (please note, this allowance does not cover accommodation in your ‘home’ centre).
Early application discounts
- Apply by Friday 14 April and receive a 10% discount on fees
University of Manchester Alumni Bursary
If you have successfully graduated from a degree at the University of Manchester or UMIST, you can receive an alumni loyalty bursary, which is a maximum of 20% discount (inclusive of VAT or GST where appropriate) on the tuition fees that you are personally funding.
Experiences on the Global MBA - Sue Beharrell >>
Many companies sponsor employees on the Global Part-time MBA. We can help you put together a business case that outlines the benefits to your organisation. We can also schedule a meeting or call with your HR department to talk through the programme. Please get in touch with us to find out more. Click here to find out more about our corporate partnerships >>
- Minimum of three years’ post-graduation work experience with strong, consistent career progression and achievement
- Good undergraduate degree or international equivalent
- Satisfactory GMAT® and GRE® or Manchester Admissions Test score
- Professional accountancy qualification (Finance Accelerated pathway only)
- Professional skills and competencies
- International exposure (valued)
- Entrepreneurial experience (valued)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and personal qualities
- Proof of English competency (assessed throughout the admissions process)
Please read our full entry requirements before you apply.
Admission route for applicants without a degree
If you do not have a degree, it may be possible to gain a place without formal academic qualifications. Please view our full entry requirements for further information >>
Discover more about the Manchester Global Part-time MBA degree
Global MBA blogs & news
Blog: Studying the Global MBA as a qualified accountant
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
Blog: Global MBA spotlight: Feyisola Adebola
Thursday, October 14, 2021
Blog: Deloitte to Google
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Blog: Global MBA: Back to campus
Thursday, August 12, 2021
Blog: Taking off to the corporate world
Thursday, July 8, 2021